One needs to get a Learner’s License before applying for a Driver’s License. There are two modes to fill the Learner’s License, one is online and the other is manual. In online submission, one needs to fill the particular information and then take the print of online-submitted form. The print out along with the fees of the License is needs to submit at the regional office.
Guide Lines For On-Line Registration For Learner’s Licence
- learner’s licence registration on the website is valid for vehicles of non-transport category. Such vehicles include Motor Cycle with no gear, Motor Cycle with no gear and below 50cc, Motor Cycle which have gear, LMV non-transport like cars, Invalid carriage etc.
- The applicant should apply for licence of learner’s category for more than one category in single application form on the website.
- For more than one class of vehicles the applicant should select appropriate vehicle classes.
- Preliminary test for the license is common for every class of vehicle.
- For the detailed information about Age Proof & Age Limit, Address proof, Fees payment & the Mode of payment, Preliminary Test, time for issue of Learner’s License and its Validity etc. please refer to the website. Please read ‘Learner’s Licence Procedures’ in the Website http://rto.kar.nic.in.
- For Registration through the website the applicant should fill the details after selecting the option of Learner’s Licence from the menu.
- The detailed information on how to fill the online form is available on : http://rto.kar.nic.in/guide.htm
- Important: After successfully submitting the online application, the applicant will get a web page of form 2, on screen. The reference number of internet ll along with the Test Date and time of the test will be shown in the upper portion of the web page. The applicant should note the timings and date of appearing for preliminary test. The printout (hardcopy) of the application should be produced at the RTO office at the time of test, along with the required documents.
If the applicant forgets to bring hardcopy or printout of the application form-2, he/she should get the form from the Helpdesk and fill the form manually. After filling the form, it should be submitted along with all the required documents. It is necessary to mention the reference number of internet ll, which is generated after the submission of the registration form on the web.
- The applicant must sign and submit printed application along with the documents at rto office as chosen in the application.
- The list of required documents is:-
- Three photographs of passport size.
- Demand Draft or receipt of the Cash for Rs. 30/- for a single class of vehicle.
- Proof of Address.
- Proof of Age.
- In case, the applicant is 16 years old and is not more than 18 years, a certificate of Consent from parents or guardians must be filled in the form. Parents or Guardians should sign the certificate in front of Licensing Authority. If the applicant’s age is lying between 16 to 18 years he or she should bring his or her parents or guardians at RTO office.
- The applicant will be allowed to appear for Preliminar Test only after submitting the application along with the documents.
- For further information and clarifications please visit the website http://rto.kar.nic.in or respective RTO office.
In manual submission of form, one needs to collect the free CMV-2 form and then submit the filled form along with the fees of the license and the necessary documents and photographs of passport size, at the appropriate counter of the office. The documents include proof of address and proof of age. A list of documents, which are accepted by the RTO Bangalore as an address proof is available on the website and is given on the form. Ration Card, LIC Policy, Electoral Roll, Electricity Bill, Water bill, Telephone bill etc serves the purpose of address proof. For age proof high school certificate, PAN card, birth certificate etc are necessary. The minimum age to get a Learner’s License is 16 years. However, it is a special case where the License will be of motor cycle, whose capacity does not exceed 50 cc. It is necessary to pass the preliminary test conducted by the RTO department of Bangalore. Only successful candidates get their Learner’s License on the same day. RTO Bangalore distributes the Learner’s License from 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm.To change the Learner’s License into a Permanent Driving License, it is necessary to fill the KMV-1A form after a particular period. For a Permanent Driving License one needs to pass the driving test in the presence of an official authority. If a license is applied for more than one vehicle, the applicant needs to pass the driving test separately with each motor vehicle.The fees for Driving License used in Heavy Motor Vehicles are different and the site of driving test for heavy motor vehicles is different.
RTO Bangalore also provides an opportunity to use the Indian Driving License, in any country around the globe. To use the Indian Driving License in the USA and other countries one should have a permit of international driving. The form 4-A is required for the international permit. The fee of the international permit is Rs 500 and it should be paid at the Cash Counter of the RTO Bangalore office. The documents, which are necessary to get an international permit to drive, are passport, photocopy of air ticket, visa and a valid driving license. RTO Bangalore issues the international permit on the same day. It is necessary to present in person to get the international permit for driving and it is required to submit a medical form 1A.